One of Canada’s three premier institutes for artificial intelligence (AI), the Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute (Amii) is a global leader in AI and machine learning (ML) and ranked in the top five in the world.
As the Director – Marketing, you will lead our company’s marketing efforts to get our world-leading services into customer’s hands and to continue to develop our brand as one of the top research groups in the world. This role will report to the CEO and will collaborate closely with all aspects of Amii’s operations, especially the communications team..
With a focus on enabling companies to build in-house AI capabilities, Amii helps world-class tech companies access the amazing research talent here in Alberta, and our online courses have achieved over 15,000 student enrollments in just three months. As the head of marketing, you will spearhead our efforts to continue developing diverse channels that reach customers in the world’s best established and emergent technology companies. You will create engaging marketing strategies and materials to get our educational services into the hands of both local students directly and online to students throughout the world.
- Develop marketing strategies by studying economic indicators and identifying customers and their current and future needs.
- Develop and manage the Amii brand
- Contribute to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-term issues that must be addressed; recommending options and courses of action and implementing directives.
- Develop marketing plans and programs for each product and directing promotional support.
- Act as subject matter expert to leadership on issues relating to effective marketing.
- Develop company marketing policies and communicate those policies throughout Amii.
- Responsible for the growth of Amii’s marketing team.
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field
- 5+ years management/supervisory experience.
- Proficient in marketing research and statistical analysis
- Proven working experience in digital marketing.
- Demonstrable experience in discovering and executing within multiple marketing channels to drive business metrics and growth.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills.
- Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills
- An understanding of the business value of Machine Intelligence. Technical understanding of Machine Intelligence, Machine Learning and AI is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills for effective interactions with internal departments and external stakeholders
How to Apply
Amii is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and excellent workforce.