One of Canada’s three premier institutes for artificial intelligence (AI), the Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute (Amii) is a global leader in AI and machine learning (ML) and ranked in the top five in the world.
Many of the world’s top technology companies want to work with Amii. As the Director of Sales & Partnerships, you and your team will seek, qualify, develop and close these partnerships.
- Amii’s researchers, board, and supporters connect with many world-leading organizations inside and outside Alberta. You will work with these groups to develop research and corporate partnerships that offer mutual benefit and value to Amii and our partners.
- Amii has multiple service lines spanning the different levels of machine learning readiness in business. You will grow the sales and partnerships team to effectively develop and deliver these services to Amii’s partners globally.
- Amii has many stakeholders and partners. You will work with this diverse group of organizations to build out partnerships with a diverse group of companies, institutes and community organizations – from startups to world-leading research organizations.
- Amii’s team is small but growing. You will drive deals individually while mentoring and growing an ambitious sales and partnerships team, developing a high-performance culture, compensation models, and scalable, repeatable processes.
- Amii takes pride in our brand and reputation. You will work to build and strengthen partnerships as a long-term objective and will continue to nurture and enhance these relationships, even when the “deal is done” – working with other units to ensure partner and client success.
- 10 years’ experience in driving sales and industry partnerships
- 5+ years’ management/supervisory experience
- Extensive experience connecting with industry both at the operations level and at the senior (management/C-suite) level
- Strong sales ability with experience in presenting in front of groups and to executives
- Strong global network of potential partner companies
- Experience in strategic planning, business case development
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills
- Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills (Executive Presence)
- An in-depth understanding of the business value of Machine Intelligence. Technical understanding of Machine Intelligence, Machine Learning and AI is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills for effective interactions with internal departments and external stakeholders
- Ability to succinctly and effectively communicate complicated technical issues
How to Apply
Amii is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and excellent workforce.