The 2019 CIFAR Deep Learning & Reinforcement Learning Summer School has concluded. Hosted by Amii and CIFAR from July 24 to August 2, 2019, this amazing and inspiring two weeks brought together the world’s brightest graduate students, post-docs and professionals to cover the foundational research, new developments and real-world applications of deep learning and reinforcement learning.
Highlights of the event include:
- Over 1200 applicants from 75 countries
- 300 attendees from 36 countries
- 113 women attendees
- 128 participants from outside of Canada (including 28 from developing nations)
- Over 25 speakers
- More than 90 hours of educational sessions and social events
- 40 participating organizations at the Career Fair
- Over $300,000 in corporate sponsorship
Prior to DLRL Summer School, the inaugural Summer Institute on AI and Society was held from July 21 to 24. Co-convened by CIFAR, the AI PULSE program at UCLA School of Law, and Amii, Summer Institute brought together 40 interdisciplinary experts for engaging conversations and productive workshops on the impacts and effects of AI in society.